Welcome to FaroeGuide
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of FaroeGuide’s Website.
Information about FaroeGuide:
FaroeGuide is registered in the Faroe Islands.
Address: Mannbrekka 8, 188 Hoyvík, Faroe Islands.
Telefon: +298 266833 / +298 282524
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use FaroeGuide’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Terms of service
We strive to serve you and fulfill your wishes for your visit in Faroe Islands.
Please let us know what you want, and we will do our best to accommodate you. It might be driving to a certain place, going for a walk somewhere, hiking, eating faroese food, renting a car or etc. Please let us know your wishes and we will accommodate you as best we can.
All our products can be bought online via our booking system on the website. When you have confirmed your booking, we will send you a confirmation e-mail including practical information about date, start time and address.
FaroeGuide cannot be liable to any loss, damage, accidents, injuries, death or sickness during any of FaroeGuides services and products. The same applies for any changes in tour schedule due to weather, strikes or any other force majeure. We have the right to change routes, schedules and itineraries if needed because of weather, road conditions or should the necessity arise because of unforeseen reasons or circumstances.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. “Product” refer our services listed on our website. This can be tours, dinners, cooking with locals, car rental or accommodation. Car rental covers all our vehicles, also autocamper. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Faroe Islands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Complaints regarding any event must be addressed directly to us.
In the event of a fault/mistake, you must, within a reasonable time after discovering such a mistake, in writing or orally inform FaroeGuide of the error. FaroeGuide will then provide you with information on how to deal with this. The rules regarding complaints are set out in the Purchasing Act.
- There is always a cancellation fee of DKK 300,- pr. booking.
- Cancellation more than 30 days prior to arrival: 100% refund.
- Cancellation 30-14 days prior to arrival : 50% refund.
- Cancellation less than 14 days prior to arrival: no refund.
- If a booking is cancelled by us, you will receive a full refund.
- If you want to cancel your booking, you are required to send us an email with your name and the listed name of the booking.
How to cancel your booking
If you want to cancel your booking, you are required to send us an email with your name, booking number and the listed name of the booking.
How to change your booking
If you want to change your booking you may feel free to email us with your name and the listed name of the booked product. We will require you to pay the price difference, if there is one. If you change your booking to another cheaper one, we will refund you the price difference as long as you change it 2 weeks in advance. If you change your booking to a cheaper booking later than 2 weeks in advance, there will be no refund.
Terms of payment
The full amount of the booking is to be payed when booked.
All charges and refunds are made in DKK. FaroeGuide does not charge any booking or transaction fees and can not be held liable to any loss in currency exchange during transactions, nor any third party transaction fees that may occur at the time of payment and/or refund.
Credit card fee is required according the the issuer of the card.
All claims against FaroeGuide and their owners are to be settled according to Danish law. Complaints or cases that cannot be settled by the Danish Travel Complaints Council, shall be settled by the Maritime and Commercial Court in Denmark.
FaroeGuide treats personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Act.
Information that may be associated with you as a person will never be available to other companies or could be linked to other external records.
Credit card information
When making a purchase at FaroeGuide, the card information is processed by Dibs, which is a secure electronic payment solution for Dankort, MasterCard, Visa, JCB and UnionPay. All card information is handled in accordance with card organization rules.
IndkvarteringThe accommodation is in houses, that are privately owned by Durita and Fróði Gregersen, the owners of FaroeGuide. No smoking or parties in our home. It is not allowed to have pets. Quiet hours between 23 pm to 07 am. Check-in is between 14:00 and 23:00. Check out is at 10:00. The house and rooms are delivered back in the condition as it was when the booking period started. Smoking is prohibited in our houses and vehicles. FaroeGuide can not be held liable for any damage or accidents that may happen during your visit.
Faroese Home Dining
We do our best to give a memorable experience, where you taste the food and get explanations about the preparations, cooking, and culture. It is our goal to serve authentic first class Faroese food prepared according to high sanitary conditions.
Smoking is prohibited in our home.
FaroeGuide can not be held liable for any damage or accidents that may happen during your visit.
Cooking with locals
We do our best to give a memorable experience, where you taste the food and get hands-on experience about the preparations, cooking, and culture. It is our goal to make authentic Faroese food prepared according to high sanitary conditions.
Smoking is prohibited in our home.
FaroeGuide can not be held liable for any damage or accidents that may happen during your visit.
Leje af bil og autocamper
- All fines, fees, and costs for traffic or parking violations imposed on the vehicle renter, or lessor during the rental period, except where the violation was the fault of the lessor.
- Expenses for a lost key, stolen car, repairs of damages and any secondary damage on the vehicles, as a result of intention, gross negligence or other violations displayed by the renter or co-driver, regard-less on any collision damage waiver, including but not limited to refueling the vehicle with the wrong type of fuel, failure to react to warning signals from the vehicle’s systems, etc. If the vehicle is returned in an extraordinarily dirty condition, FaroeGuide will charge the renter a fee for extra cleaning, regardless of any insurances taken.
- In the event of an accidental mishap, for instance, a puncture, where external help is called, this is at the renter’s own expense.
- Deliver the car without having filled the tank. The renter will be charged for the filling plus 300 DKK.
- The sub-sea tunnel fee is 100 DKK per returned trip through a sub-see tunnel. This is paid cash when the car is returned.
- Up to 5.000 DKK for damage made to the hired vehicle. This is the amount, that is not covered by the insurance. The insurance covers the vehicle and the driver and any other damage caused in an accident for the amount more than 5.000 DKK for damage made to the hired vehicle.
Unless otherwise stated, FaroeGuide and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on FaroeGuide. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://faroeguide.fo/ for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://faroeguide.fo/
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://faroeguide.fo/
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://faroeguide.fo/
Redistribute content from FaroeGuide (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavourably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of FaroeGuide’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
If you have any queries regarding any of our terms, please contact us.